CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lili's Surgery

Lili had surgery the 3rd of june early am. She had surgery to correct her lazy eye. Jared and I had been so very upset and stressed and worried about our little baby. We knew that we were doing what was best for her but still putting her under and submitting her thru any surgery is just no easy decision. Nevertheless, I was very amazed by technology and the most awesome wonderful doctor that did a great job and made it easier for us to submit lil thru this knowing she was in good hands.


Sarah wanted to join us in coming to the hospital to support her sister. It turned out to be the greatest idea ever! The nurses tried all of the pre admission procedures on sarah first, making it a breeze with lili when her turn came. It also calmed lili down quite a bit! After surgery the doctor came out to the waiting room to let us know lili was okay and that she should be waking up at any minute. We were very happy to receive the news and to know all was well. Sarah and I went in to see her first and she was not anywhere near awake. She was out cold! When we went out for a bit to let jared in. Sarah began to cry hard and say " This is why I hate hospitals look what they did to her!! I hate the doctor, I hate him!!" I told her to calm down that lili was sleeping and that she would be waking up soon. She did stop crying. Looking back I imagine that she must of thought her sister was dead. It took lili a good 45 minutes to an hour to wake up. I was beginning to get nervous when she finally woke.

Her eyes do look amazing although still red and a bit bruised she looks great and her eyes look even!!
Thank you, all for your support and loving phone calls.

P.S Thank you nannie & papa for the get well present! She loved it! and she is feeling better already...

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so happy to see her looking more beautiful than ever. She was in our prayers during that uneasy time. I am so proud of you guys for being a great family and supporting each other. Love the new blog look Mari...so cute! I am glad all is well and Lily is back to her happy self! Xo~Ash